THE AUDIOLINGUAL METHOD Language teaching specialists draw on the earlier experience of the army programs and the Aural-Oral or Structural Approach developed by Fries and his colleagues, adding in sights taken from behaviorist psychology. This combination of structural linguistic theory, contrastive analysis, aural-oral procedures, and behaviorist psychology led to the Audiolingual Method. The Audiolingual Method emphasizes the teaching of listening and speaking, then reading and writing. My classmate and I think that it is a good way to learn a foreign language because is the same way that we learnt our first language, but the disadvantage is that the learner just listen to the teacher and repeat just what him or she said. The use of drills and patter practice like repetition, inflection, replacement, restatement, completion, transposition, expansion, contraction, transformation, integration, rejoinder and restoration are a distinctive feature of this method. However these ac...
REFLECTION
ResponderBorrarWhile I was reading about this method I learnt more about behaviorism. To make a concept map helped me to take the most important information and I realised that it is easier to understand a topic if you make a concept map.
Your concept map contains the approach, the desing and procedure and is easy to read and understand.
ResponderBorrarYour score: 10
Thank you Lu Etvzz
BorrarI am happy that it liked to you.