THE AUDIOLINGUAL METHOD Language teaching specialists draw on the earlier experience of the army programs and the Aural-Oral or Structural Approach developed by Fries and his colleagues, adding in sights taken from behaviorist psychology. This combination of structural linguistic theory, contrastive analysis, aural-oral procedures, and behaviorist psychology led to the Audiolingual Method. The Audiolingual Method emphasizes the teaching of listening and speaking, then reading and writing. My classmate and I think that it is a good way to learn a foreign language because is the same way that we learnt our first language, but the disadvantage is that the learner just listen to the teacher and repeat just what him or she said. The use of drills and patter practice like repetition, inflection, replacement, restatement, completion, transposition, expansion, contraction, transformation, integration, rejoinder and restoration are a distinctive feature of this method. However these ac...
REFLECTION
ResponderBorrarMaking this class performance was very complicated because it was the first time that I did it but I think it was not so bad, at the end I felt happy because as a team we worked together and we learnt a lot about giving real classes.
hi! i like it your score is 9
ResponderBorrarThanks Mariela!
BorrarI liked the slides, since they are easy to understand and the most important thing is that it does not have much information.
ResponderBorrarThe example of the class was quite good, although some aspects that were already mentioned in the class were missing. Good job
Your score: 9.5
Thanks Erika!
Borrar