REFLECTION Elaborating this timeline helped me to know different tools to create a timeline and at the same time I reviewed all the methods. I really learnt so much.
THE AUDIOLINGUAL METHOD Language teaching specialists draw on the earlier experience of the army programs and the Aural-Oral or Structural Approach developed by Fries and his colleagues, adding in sights taken from behaviorist psychology. This combination of structural linguistic theory, contrastive analysis, aural-oral procedures, and behaviorist psychology led to the Audiolingual Method. The Audiolingual Method emphasizes the teaching of listening and speaking, then reading and writing. My classmate and I think that it is a good way to learn a foreign language because is the same way that we learnt our first language, but the disadvantage is that the learner just listen to the teacher and repeat just what him or she said. The use of drills and patter practice like repetition, inflection, replacement, restatement, completion, transposition, expansion, contraction, transformation, integration, rejoinder and restoration are a distinctive feature of this method. However these ac...
HISTORY OF LANGUAGE TEACHING History of Language Teaching is a very deep topic, it has been approached by persons who wanted to innovate the way to teach foreign languages through different methods. “Whereas today English is the world´s most widely studied foreign language, 500 years ago it was Latin…In the sixteenth century, however, French, Italian, and English gained in importance as a result of political changes in Europe, and Latin gradually became displaced as a language of spoken and written communication.” 1 From the study of Latin was taken the model to teach modern languages and it consists in grammar rules, vocabulary and sentences for translation. Oral practice was limited and they focused only in grammar rules like morphology and syntax. This approach is known as the Grammar-Translation Method. In it reading and writing is important because vocabulary is taught with its translation and grammar rules with images, for this reason sentence is the main unit of teaching...
REFLECTION
ResponderBorrarElaborating this timeline helped me to know different tools to create a timeline and at the same time I reviewed all the methods. I really learnt so much.
I like the app you choose , I think it contains everything that was asking . Your score is 10
ResponderBorrarThank you Lili! The app is called Timetoast. I recommend it.
Borrari like it! is reallly complete your score is 10!
ResponderBorrarThank you Mariela! Have a nice afternoon.
BorrarI like your timeline, its easy to undertand and easy to read :D.
ResponderBorrarYour score: 9.5